Jesus Christ is our pattern for life. "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BENTLEY BARN - 4 LOG CABIN


This is a follow up post to the one I did back on July 2nd about the barn quilt that hangs on the end of my parents barn.

Log Cabin quilts come in quite a variety of different names. It just all depends on how you lay them out. The blocks are usually all made the same, but can be put together in many different designs. The little pink square is where it is all started and is the "hearth of the home".


Mom was working on her very first large quilt (king-sized) and decided beings dad was raising the barn, she would use that design for her quilt and was the most appropriate. Dad made and painted this barn quilt with the 4 Log Cabin blocks, with a bit of help from one of his grandsons, Corey Wood.

The pictures show the barn quilt mounting which was done the end of June 2008. I think it was probably one of the first, if not the first, barn quilts in Scott County. Corey's dad Marty helped out with getting it installed.


I was going to add some pictures of the barn when it was being built but have yet to find them. Once they're found I'll post about the history and building of the barn.

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment